When Carlton opens their 2015 AFL season against Richmond at home the club will be keeping all of the gate receipts for the match rather than share it with their visitors. Typically in the past, when two sides meet each other twice in a season the profits from ticket sales have been shared between them. But Richmond and Carlton squared off just once in 2014 with Richmond keeping the cash. Fans can wager on Carlton or Richmond this year when they meet with a BetEasy AFL Head to Head Bet.
Stephen Trigg, the chief executive of Carlton recently told the media, “Carlton people would want the best outcome for Carlton and I think it is the right outcome for us. By that I mean, I am aware of co-promoting and supporting and gate-sharing. While that is not part of the landscape where I have been previously, I am very supportive of that, and continue to be in the principle of that. But given that last year there was one fixture … and the gate wasn’t shared then, and the entirety of the gate went to Richmond, it seemed appropriate that it would transpire that Carlton takes the gate in round one this year.”
Brendon Gale, the chief executive of Richmond, was understandably disappointed with Trigg’s decision, and said he doesn’t believe the gate-sharing agreement will return anytime soon. However, he stated that he understands Carlton’s stance on the matter since his club kept the gate receipts last year. The two clubs are scheduled to do battle with each other on Thursday April 2 in their season opener and you can back your favourite with a BetEasy AFL Head to Head Bet. The campaign kicks off later than usual this year due to the Cricket World Cup, which is also being held in Australia. The sides will then meet again later in the season in July. This match can also be wagered on with a BetEasy AFL Head to Head Bet.