CARLTON supporters will have their first chance to see the future on show on Friday night, when youngsters Paddy Dow and Lochie O’Brien run out onto Etihad Stadium for the first time in navy blue.
Named in Carlton’s inaugural AFLX squad, the 2017 draftees will be joined by fellow recruits Matthew Kennedy, Cam O’Shea and Matthew Lobbe for the Club’s matches against Melbourne and North Melbourne.
The Blues will enter the competition full of run, with speedsters David Cuningham, Tom Williamson, Jarrod Pickett and Kym Lebois named in the squad. Carlton’s young talls will also be on display, with Jack Silvagni, Caleb Marchbank and Harrison Macreadie all picked to take part in the new, shorter-form game.
No.3 draft pick Paddy Dow will have his first run in the navy blue on Friday night. (Photo: AFL Media)
Carlton’s 2018 AFLX squad:
1 Jack Silvagni
2 Paddy Dow
4 Lochie O’Brien
7 Matthew Kennedy
11 Sam Kerridge
13 Jed Lamb
22 Caleb Marchbank
24 Cameron O’Shea
25 Zac Fisher
26 Harrison Macreadie
27 Matthew Lobbe
28 David Cuningham
29 Cameron Polson
31 Tom Williamson
33 Jarrod Pickett
42 Kym Lebois
10 QUICK FACTS ABOUT AFLX
1. Played on a rectangular field (approx. 70m width x 110m length) with four posts at each end (as per a normal AFL field). Ground markings will showcase X as the centre square and 40m arcs.
2. Two field umpires, two boundary umpires and one goal umpire at each end of the ground.
3. Ten players per team, seven on field at all times and three on the interchange bench. No restrictions on player rotations.
4. 10-minute quarters or halves depending on the tournament format.
5. Free kick against for last touch out of bounds.
6. Kick-ins from behind the goal line after all scores.
7. No marks paid for backwards kicks (except in forward 40m area).
8. Quarters commence with a ‘ball up’ in the centre and at least two players from each team starting inside the 40m arc.
9. Free shot from forward 40m arc – directly in front for deliberate rushed behinds.
10. 10-point super goals when goals kicked on the full from outside the 40m arc.
THE 2018 AFLX TOURNAMENT TICKETING INFORMATION
Adult – $15
Concession – $10
Family – $30
Kids 12 and Under – Free
Click here to purchase tickets.
Source: Carlton Blues website