Payouts for Australian Rules Football (AFL) are based on the Official Result. All matches are settled at ‘Normal Time’ with no extra time played. In the event of a draw in a market where no draw option is offered, Crownbet will apply the ‘Dead Heat’ rule and all wagers will be settled at half the face value of the ticket (this includes the AFL Grand Final). For matches in tournaments such as NAB Cup, all other AFL Finals and any other competition where extra time is played, all wagers will be settled on the result at the completion of extra time.
Where a draw option (Both Teams are on the same score) is offered, a bet is decided on the result at the end of normal time (i.e. extra time is not included). For Margin betting (A Margin Bet involves the selection of a team as well as the selection of the range that the winning margin will fall within from the nominated list of options) a Draw option is always offered. However, for betting options where a draw option is not offered, the Dead Heat Rules apply. In Quarter by Quarter betting the draw option can only be paid once regardless of the number of quarters ending in a draw while the Tri-Bet betting option is paid as ‘Either Team under Option’ if the game ends in a draw and no extra time is played.
If an AFL match is Abandoned or Postponed and not played within 24hrs of the scheduled start time, all wagers will be voided and multi bets will be recalculated excluding the odds from the affected match.
CrownBet reserve the right to apply deductions in the event of a player scratching in the most disposal and most goals markets.
‣ For any player Group markets (i.e. Most Disposals (Group) / Most Super Coach (or Dream Team) Points (Group) / Most Goals / etc.,) bets are refunded if the player is not in the starting 21. (The starting 21 are the players that start on the ground or on the bench, The starting substitute is not included in the starting 21)
‣ For any player Head2Head markets ( i.e. Most Disposals / Most Super Coach (or Dream Team) Points / etc.,) bets are refunded if either or both players are not in the starting 21.
‣ For any Player Under-Over markets (A market which has two options with an under value and an over value, EG IF the Under-Over is set at 25.5 possessions and the player has 26 possessions the Over is the winning option), all bets are refunded if player is not in the starting 21.
‣ For 1st Goal Scorer markets (Game or 1st Quarter only) if the selected player starts as the substitute or is not named in the starting line-up, all wagers on him will be refunded. Multi-Bets will be recalculated without that leg. All wagers for 1st Goal Scorer in any other quarter will stand, regardless of the player being selected as the Substitute. All bets will be refunded if there are no Goals scored within the relevant quarter. For bets on the 1st Goal Scorer in the match, the goal does not need to be scored in the first quarter.
‣ Premiership / Minor Premiership / Make Grand Final markets are All In Betting (No refunds are given for scratchings or withdrawals regardless of whether or not a particular runner starts or completes the event on which the bet is placed. This means that all bets stand, no refunds are payable, and no deduction applies to winning bets). All Teams are deemed to be participating for the purposes of the All In Betting regardless of any point deductions due to breaches of rules or regulations. Any decision made by the AFL regarding any loss of a Premiership after the Grand Final has been played will be deemed null and void, and all bets will still stand.
‣ Top 4 and Top 8 markets are All In Betting. Any Team that has points deducted due to breaches of the AFL rules or regulations will be deemed to be a Starter. Any decision made by the AFL regarding the loss of premiership points is final.
‣ The Wooden Spoon pays on the team that records the least wins for the season including draws that are considered as half a win. If more than one team has the same number of wins, the Wooden Spoon will be decided by whoever has the lowest percentage. Premiership points deducted because of breaches of a governing body’s rules or regulations are ignored for resulting purposes.
‣ Miss the 4 / Miss the 8. Any Team that has points deducted due to breaches of rules and regulations will be deemed to be a Starter. However, if any team has points deducted which will result in only the one outcome, (i.e. a team WILL Miss the 8); then all bets on that team are void and refunded. All penalty decisions made by the AFL are final.
‣ Time of First Goal pays on the time the first goal is kicked on the running clock as per AFL official website, ‘time on’ is included.
‣ Premier State market pays on the home state for a team that wins a Premiership.
‣ CrownBet will derive all match statistical data from the official AFL website (http://www.afl.com.au).
‣ Super Coach (supercoach.heraldsun.com.au) and Dream Team (fantasyafl.sportal.com.au) markets are determined as per the official competition websites.
Medal Markets & Club Awards
‣ Brownlow Medal Place betting pays on 1st, 2nd & 3rd. In the event of a tie between 2 or more players in the Brownlow voting for Win or Place, the Dead Heat Rules will apply to all affected runners.
‣ The Coleman Medal is paid on the player who kicks the most goals in the AFL Home & Away season. In the event of a tie between 2 or more players, the Dead Heat Rules will apply to all affected runners.
‣ Club Best & Fairest markets are paid out on the relevant clubs official Best & Fairest voting. Betting will close at the end of round 14.